Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Girls Weekend....


I just got back a day ago from my yearly girl's weekend with my good friend Dawn and a few of her friends. It is always so nice to get away and just relax. I rarely get to be by myself much less at a hotel with friends. We had a great 1st night but a huge storm came through and lightening actually hit the next building and it caught on fire. It was completely destroyed and a little scary for us. The next day we did the beach and then all had spa appt's. How relaxing.....I had a Hot Stone Massage...something I have never done and it was just perfect. I sweated at least 10 pounds out in the steam room and then spent the rest of the day sipping champagne by the pool. Had an amazing dinner and went dancing. The next day, we did not rush back home but had breakfast by the pool. It was just the perfect weekend and I can't wait to do something like this again. Mom's need to take time for themselves, we tend to do it all and never do much for ourselves. It just wears us down and doesn't make us very productive so I think that this should be a requirement as a mom - Quarterly spa weekends!!

1 comment: