I wouldn't say I was shocked when my closest friend, Katie, told me while tu-tu making that she and her family were moving :( I kind of knew something was up but still I had just hoped it was the stress of all the traveling back and forth that seemed different. But, still having the knowledge that there might be a move in the works did not ease the blow of the news. It was just a year ago when my other "bestie" moved and what a painful move it was. Not just for me but for my whole family, I thought I would never be able to find a friend for me or my boys like I had with The Green's BUT I was wrong. I became ever closer with Katie and more and more each day she was my "go to girl" for just about everything. If I had a bad day....I called her, had great news....called her. We talk just about everyday and sometimes quite a few times a day :) How can another friend be leaving? I am, of course, VERY happy for the Surgala's and I can clearly see that this is the best decision for them but I can't help to be sad about the many things that will be changing. My neighbor will be gone......the BEST neighbor ever!!! My son's friends are leaving.......2 of the sweetest children I have ever met. And my friend is leaving me here with a bunch of "desperate housewife" drama!! Who will I meet in the backyard for a drink and a secret smoke?? Who will I laugh with about all the craziness that goes on here in SJGCC??
Well, I know in my heart that Katie and her family will be in our life forever. They may not be here everyday but we will always be friends. It isn't often that you meet someone that you connect with but I have with the Surgala family. I only wish them the best of luck with their move and a little relaxation at the other side of the move. If anyone deserves it....they do!!
I love ya Katie!!! I am going to miss you BIG TIME but can't wait to hear about the newest chapter in your life.

1 comment:
:( CRYING!!!! I love you too Michelle and ditto everything you said. It is with a very heavy heart that we leave but know this is best. You will always be a special part of our lives and we will see each other LOTS, i promise. HUGS!!!!
Post a Comment